Monday, June 10, 2013

The Pink Room

Sitting in my room cleaning thinking of all the memories I've had in here... It first belonged to my great grandmother then when she moved into a nursing home, we moved in after my parents separated. It was always my room from then on... On weekends after my mom remarried, as a kid and a teenager it was my room/ my grandfathers prayer room which explains the peace it holds. At 19 I moved in, I was a broken, angry, bitter teenager looking for stability and peace. No one knew I was suicidal or battling so many issues but my grandma let me stay, something tells me she knew. I wanted to know God but wanted to do my thing too lol! So I did, secretly did what I wanted, made sure I came to church on Sundays to keep up appearances but somebody was praying for me. At 22 I got saved and gave my life to Christ while laying on the floor in this room. Through the emotional battles, the ups and the downs this room has been a staple. This house has been my staple. Soon I'll be packing, moving to a new city but this will always be my room. Yeah it's messy sometimes LOL! I'm not very organized but I'm learning. I have such a connection with it because it is the only place where I ever found stability. I am a crybaby by nature so of course tears are hitting the ipad 😂. It will always be my safe haven.

Cdj

No comments:

Post a Comment