Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dreams, Life and Stuff: A Dreamers Tale

                                                       
                                                   
I can remember being a little girl and looking at my mom and thinking about how beautiful she was... I remember looking at my grandma and saying wow she's beautiful.  My mother and grandmother were so confident in my abilities, they took interest in everything that I did. From school plays, choir competitions to piano lessons, talent shows and musicals.  I was never the star or the lead but to them I was. I remember Honor Roll assemblies, field trips  etc. I was never outgoing or outstanding in my own opinion but to them I was. I remember piano recitals they cheered even when I played the song backwards. I remember the long days and time my mom took out to drive me across town for three years to piano lessons, the nights she showed up to my  all my middle school and high school performances even though she was tired.  I remember modeling, acting school, I remember looking for accompaniment tapes and cds to perform in talent shows, my mom and grandma were there every step.  Never once did they give up on me even when I did. I remember the shopping trips my grandmother would take me on just so I could have nice things that we couldn't afford at the time. I never asked for anything, she just knew when I needed it. I remember weekends staying with my grandmother wishing for Sunday to never come just so I could stay. I remember being so depressed when I didn't get to graduate with my high school class and them throwing me an open house/birthday party anyway. I remember dropping out of college my second year and feeling like I failed them yet they loved me anyway. Time and time again I failed... They still loved me! They loved me past it all, they never forced me to give my life to God or tried forcing me to live for him, they  lived it by example. From them both I learned how to be a lady, how to conduct myself... I learned how to be strong even when life got rough. For that I thank them**

The first passage in my new book, I was inspired to write it because of my mother and grandmothers belief in me. This is for them, stay tuned😘

No comments:

Post a Comment