Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Pink Room Pt 2

A few months ago I stepped out on faith and moved to a new city. If you read the post I put up back in June titled The Pink Room you will remember my attachment to the room and the story behind it. I came home this weekend and last night as I laid in "the pink room" memories flooded my mind. I thought of good times, laughter, sleepovers and random craziness. I also thought of rough times, tears, depression and fear... as I thought of these things I got misty eyed. I thought of when my sisters and I made the decision to move and how we spent many nights on our faces in this room crying out to God about what was to come. I also thought of the troubled 19 year old girl who spent sleepless nights and troubled days in the dark begging God to help her. I thought of the lost 21 year old who wanted so badly to be real in her walk with Christ but kept failing. I thought of the seasons without an income and the job searching. Moments where I was afraid to ask for things I needed for fear of looking needy or helpless. With all these thoughts I started thanking God for my grandparents, how they took me in and gave me a home. I started to wonder where I would be now if I had never had those years and moments in "the pink room." I think that because I lived in my grandparents house people assumed I walked on rainbows or clouds, that I was spoiled or that life was without pain or stress. Lol there are certain perks I miss! They have nothing to do with anything material wise though. I miss trips to the store, the bank and various places with my grandfather. I miss watching tv and laughing with my grandma... I miss late night laughter, conversations and talks. Packing my bag and this evening I have to exit "the pink room" for awhile until my next visit. I have a new pink room and it is alright but it will never take the place of the one on Monogene Drive. Until we meet again be blessed and keep Jesus first <3

CDJ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment