Friday, November 22, 2013

Contentment

I wanna be a songwriter/ makeup artist... I wanna own my own makeup studio. I want to do what I love. When I was younger I dreamed of Broadway, I dreamed of performing but life happened and I became withdrawn, insecure and fear held me back. At 26 I work a typical 8 to 5 job which I'm grateful for and learning to be content while in this season. I spent years unemployed off and on while I battled depression, anxiety and had so many regrets watching my peers succeed at their chosen careers. I chose the medical field because it is stable and consistent... I'm very expressive, very emotional and not average so everyday is a fight because I'm bored LOL. Today I sat at my desk while listening to a song called God Is It True (Trust Me) by Steven Curtis Chapman and I began thinking God I trust you. I stepped out on faith by moving here and you've shown me nothing but favor and mercy. I said God give me faith to pursue what's really in my heart. I had a little chat with God and I realized that I've been doing things my way, saying I trust him yet always intervening or going off of my own decisions. I don't wanna do anything but what he has planned for me, taking my hands off. He didn't give me the ability to sing, to write or read music for me to work an "average" job forever, he didn't give me a passion for makeup and the art of it for me to just say I know how to do it. He gives us gifts to be used... For his glory and for a reason. I'm grateful for my job and the financial stability it's giving me but I know that this season is temporary and that he's simply teaching me patience with people and contentment. His timing is everything. I don't wanna be Barbie anymore lol ( I've went to school for different things, I always finish but none of it has to do with my calling) my emotions change like the wind so I don't want to be led by them anymore. I trust that God's plan for my life will be fulfilled, pray for me friends!! Until we meet again be blessed!!

CDJ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment