Saturday, December 7, 2013

Awake

I had an exhausting, stressful week... Finals and work consumed my time. Before I went to sleep I said my prayers but felt regret for the lack of time spent with God. I was exhausted and had a migraine so shut the computer down, pulled back covers and drifted off. Well I woke up around 3:45 a.m (fell asleep at midnight mind you) and couldn't fall back asleep, after an hour of frustration I began to weep thinking of the tasks that are ahead of me this weekend and even started feeling anxiety about next week. I started thinking I'll never get any sleep at this rate then God said get on your knees and pray. I obeyed, I cried out to him and things I had no intention of even saying spilled out! I've been so unhappy these past couple weeks, so detached from everyone and just flat out exhausted. I haven't been spending enough private time with God, haven't had many date nights with him or early morning sessions like this one I'm having now. I now feel peace even though life is hectic and there's so much to be done. I have to make time for him because he comes first and without him I will surely fail! Next week is not here yet so I shoudn't worry... Today has just started and I will be alright. Laying here not wanting to leave his presence and I don't have to. I can take a nap later, right now I just wanna give my cares to him, turn off alarms and my phone. Right now I just want to "be" alone with God uninterrupted. Such peace he's giving me right now. Until we meet again, be blessed! 

CDJ❤️

Philippians 4:6 KJV

[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

No comments:

Post a Comment